Thursday, March 13, 2008

Tired ? Get new tires!

Tires. Are you tired? You need new tires! Or tyres, which ever way you prefer.

Vee Rubber Steel Radials 15’

Test Drive Report

The mileage on my midnight black Nissan Sunny Neo reads 150.000 km. The new car smell has long disappeared. Driving my Sunny is no longer as exciting as it used to be, even after a the weekly TGIF double espresso from the new Nawamin Starbucks.

Now, how to get the “the new car feeling” back? Simple, new tires! Four new pneumatic tires (tyres), front and back. That’s all it takes. Trust me.

End of Feb 2008 at the B-Quik service center beside the TESCO LOTUS Rama IV Khun Paiboon outlet manager showed me my Nissan Sunny Neo 1600 shod with four shining, brand new Veee Rubber Steel Radial 15 inch tires. The wheels electronically aligned. Ready to rock and roll.

I pushed the shifter to D (drive). Tap on the accelerator. Wow! As soon as I hit the tarmac on the Rama IV it was like driving a new a Nissan Sunny Neo! First of all the traction, the grip. What a major difference. Now, it was fun to drive again with maximum grip and tight traction. And less noisy. Up on the Raminthra Express Way, Khlong Toey tollgate. Acceleration, speeding up to 90 kph. Wow! Overtaking confidently. “ I’ve max got grip, I’ve got brand new tires”! I say to myself and step on the accelerator.

Near, the new suburban ‘hi-so’ life-style center Crystal Park on Kaset-Nawamin road a rusty, semi broken down Isuzu appears from a dirt road and drives on to K-N four lane main road – without stopping. Without stopping. I slam on the brakes. The grip again this time with stopping power! And easily I steer away from the pick-up avoiding. Breaking with new tires – can be lifesaving.

Verdict: The Vee Rubber tires passed the driving test with flying colours. All departments 10/10.

END TEXT.

No comments: